Finally, a pizza you can serve and feel good about eating!
This Sweet Potato and Kale Gluten-Free Pizza will surprise you as the sweet potatoes actually make the “sauce” for the pizza.
The crispy kale and walnuts have a nice little crunch balanced with the savory cheese.
I have a slight obsession with cauliflower in general. This nutritional powerhouse of a veggie is an incredible low carbohydrate “healthy swap” for starchy vegetables, grains, and legumes. Why? The seemingly boring, white veggie is low-glycemic, rich in antioxidants, nutrients, fiber and is only 25 calories per cup. And it’s perfect to substitute as rice, or in this case, as a base for pizza crust.
Caulipower products can be found at most grocery stores. This pre-made pizza crust eliminates the mess and time of a homemade crust.
The size of the premade pizza crust also makes this beautiful Sweet Potato and Kale Gluten- Free Pizza a perfect appetizer- and might I say, an easy way to “impress” your guest.
Finally, a guilt-free pizza that is pretty, healthy, delicious and easy to make.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ cubes 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil, divided ½ teaspoon of garlic powder ¼ teaspoon crushed red flakes ¼ teaspoon of mineral salt 1 cup of packed curly kale, cut or torn into bite-size pieces ¼ cup of crumbled goat cheese 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan 2 tablespoons of crushed walnuts 1 package of prepared cauliflower, gluten-free pizza crust
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1 cup curly kale, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 package prepared cauliflower, gluten-free pizza crust
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Boil a pot of water and cook the sweet potatoes until tender, 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and let cool for 5 minutes. In a food processor, pulse the sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil, red pepper, garlic powder, and mineral salt until smooth.
Spread the potato sauce evenly over the pre-made cauliflower pizza crust.
Toss kale with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Top pizza with kale, goat cheese, Parmesan and walnuts. Bake on top rack for 10-15 minutes.
Check out my Fit Soul Programs available- I have got you covered! https://www.thefitsoul.com/programs/
Let me know what you think and enjoy!