Burgers and summertime go hand in hand- don’t you agree? It’s all American! I love this healthy turkey burger recipe and I think you will too! It is so flavorful with the jalapenos, shallots, garlic, red peppers and all the fresh herbs! This turkey burger is ANYTHING but bland!
These burgers are awesome with Oven Baked Sweet Potato fries - one of our clean-eating favorite meals!!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded & chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp cayenne
- tabasco to your taste
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
Combine turkey meat, garlic, shallot, thyme, cilantro or parsley, bell pepper, jalapeño, hot sauce and salt and pepper.
Divide mixture into 4 equal mounds and form into patties.
Drizzle patties with olive oil to coat.
Cook in a skillet over med-high heat for about 5-6 min each side.
Place sliced cheese over patties last minute of cooking.
Bacon- nitrate free of course!
Avocado or fresh guacamole
Grilled red onion slices
** double the recipe and freeze 4 patties.