Simply Sexy Omelet
Weekend brunch wouldn’t be complete without an omelet. Originating in France, they can easily be adapted to suit individual tastes. This is one of my favorite recipes that’s filled with fresh, healthy ingredients. It’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground pepper
- 2-3 organic cage-free eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
1. Add the onion, spinach and tomato to the beaten eggs in a bowl and mix.
2. Add the coconut oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the egg mixture and cook for approx. two minutes until the eggs begin to set.
3. Flip omelet with spatula and cook until eggs appear fluffy in texture. Fold the omelet in half and continue to cook until eggs
4. Serve hot with a side of sliced avocado.