Pan-seared salmon is a delicious, quick and easy meal for any busy night. The benefits of this amazing fish are almost limitless. I try to have salmon at least twice a week. This pan-seared recipe is one of the quickest and easiest- perfect for a busy night. Remember, always buy wild-caught salmon.
• Rich is Omega-3 Fatty Acids
• A great source of high-quality protein
• High in B vitamins
• A good source of potassium
• Loaded with selenium which helps protect bone health, decreases thyroid antibodies. Studies even show it may reduce the risk of cancer!
• Contains the antioxidant astaxanthin which reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.
• May reduce the risk of heart disease
• Helps with weight control. Because it’s high in protein, it helps regulate hormones that control appetite.
• Helps fight inflammation
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 2-3 portions
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a large cast-iron, enameled, or stainless-steel frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the salmon with the salt and pepper.
Sear the salmon for 3 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes at the thickest part. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.