These delicious fish tacos are healthy, low carb and sugar-free. They are a great healthy option for those taco cravings we all get! The cauliflower and bean rice is absolutely fabulous on its own as a side as well so keep that on your list for any night of the week as a great option to pair with any entree! Let me know what you think!
- 4-5 fillets Thawed Tilapia or Mahi fillets
- 1.4 tsp mineral salt
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp chili powder (1 tsp for less spicy)
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and finely chopped, or 1 (8-ounce) bag
- coleslaw mix
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package riced cauliflower (steamed)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium onion and thinly sliced Lettuce for wraps
Season fish with salt, pepper, and chili pepper
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, coat lightly with coconut oil spray, then add 2 teaspoons of the butter. Put the fish fillets in the skillet and sauté on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side and set aside.
Put the beans, yogurt, steamed cauliflower rice, and cumin in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until hot. Add the cilantro and give a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Stuff the wraps in any order with the fish pieces, beans and cauliflower mixture, cabbage, and onion. Optional hot sauce
**I love Siete Coconut and Cassava Flour Tortillas**