Chili is one of our all time favs. It is filling and the ultimate comfort food on a cold day. I love this recipe because it is not only DELICIOUS, but it might be the quickest homemade chili you will ever make. To make it a little more "special" I add a little shredded cheese, greek yogurt and (nitrate free) bacon. Bacon makes everything taste better!
- 2 pounds ground beef buffalo (can add ground turkey)
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 10-ounce can rotel-style tomatoes and chilies
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans beans of any kind, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Mineral Salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Garlic powder to taste
Brown the meat with the onion in a large skillet over high heat, about 5 minutes. If the meat is fatty, brown alone first, drain off the fat, then brown the onions with the cooked meat.
Add all other remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Check the seasonings and serve.
NOTE: Yields 6 to 8 servings. (double recipe and freeze a batch)